Sunday, May 27, 2012

Kannon Joshua Davis

Well, I'm only like 3 1/2 months late for this but... OUR LITTLE MAN HAS ARRIVED (and probably doubled in size at this point but what can i say?). However, since I have yet to share this wonderful experience here it goes.. Sunday morning (February 12th), I woke up feeling pretty crampy. It didn't take me long to realize I was having contractions..they were approximately 5 minutes apart, but not entirely consistent. This went on from 3:30am til later that afternoon when Josh finally convinced me I should call and talk to the MW on call. My contractions were getting stronger and finally consistent. She wasn't going to have us come in just yet until I mentioned that we were in Malad and had about an hour drive ahead of us. At that point she said grab a bite to eat, pack up and come on in. Upon our arrival at about 7pm I was dilated 3cm and 100% effaced. We walked the halls for a bit and an hour later I was to a 4. So my Dr made the call to keep me. and thank heavens she did! things progressed very rapidly from that point forward. Once they got me hooked up to all the fun monitors and such, she broke my water. Here's where the pain kicked in! It was like night and day.. I was next in line for the epidural so I only had to wait about 10 minutes til the anesthesiologist came in. Once we got that taken care of I was already at a 6 and my contractions were only about 2-3 minutes apart. An hour later I was at a 9...an hour after that I had reached a 10! We were told to rest for an hour before the pushing started. As you may have guessed...I didn't get a wink of sleep. @ 3:45am we began pushing! Little man's heart rate kept dropping and my temp was rising so I had to be on oxygen. Our nurse told us if my temp kept rising and we couldn't get his heart rate up, he would have to go to the NICU for a bit after delivery. Thankfully we were able to hang on and get him out quickly. Our lil guy arrived at 4:58am..healthy as can be! He weighed 6lbs 13oz and was measured at 19.5 inches (a week later at his circumcision he has clearly 19 inches so apparently the first one wasn't quite right..) There's absolutely no way to describe the overwhelming love that filled my heart as I saw Kannon for the first time and took that lil alien in my arms and kissed his slimy lil head :) The next few days were pretty much a blur. Nurses were in and out about every 20 minutes...so pretty much every time I dozed off the door opened again! Considering I woke up at 3:30 the morning before and got absolutely no sleep til late Monday morning, I'd dare say I did pretty good! Kannon had a hard time latching and didn't eat really well for the first couple days, but I'm happy to say that has certainly changed! Lil man is about 13lbs or more since we last checked...he eats 4oz about every 2-2.5 hours and is a GREAT sleeper! I'm certain it's nothing we've done as parents that has got him in such a good routine..I'd dare bet our Heavenly Father just knew we both needed a decent night's sleep to be kind people :) He's never woke up more than twice a night from the very beginning and quickly started sleeping two 4 hour stretches at night. Kannon now sleeps 9-10 hrs straight at night and will usually go down for another 2-3 hours after eating. He's actually really grumpy if he doesn't get his sleep. I guess it's true when they say...like father, like son! Kannon has blessed our lives so much from the very beginning, but quite dramatically since his arrival! I never thought it was possible to love my husband any more than I already did...boy was I wrong! I still get choked up at the thought of our sweet lil eternal family. I'm so unbelievably grateful that Josh and I made the decision to wait for that letter of clearance and battle all the trials that came our way so that we could be sealed for time and all eternity and offer Kannon the wonderful blessing of being born into the covenant. He's influenced us in so many ways to be better and try harder. I just can NOT imagine life without our sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment